Monday, September 25, 2017

The last few weeks

Monday, July 10, 2017

Hi Mom!

It's pretty here in Guanajuato but insane.   I got to know all of the people here, it's just a little branch. It's awesome.  We visited lots of people.  We have a family with a baptism date and they are doing good.  They are interesting but they are cool.  M is the name of the dad.  He is funny and likes Pink Floyd haha.  They all talk super fast so when we are teaching it gets kind of out of hand.  It's funny haha.  Elder Beus is President's new 2nd Counselo.   He got here two weeks ago.  He lives in Leon but he and his wife come to Guanajauto a lot and every Sunday.  They work with us a lot and I love them, they are awesome.  We are doing good mom.

I have to go Mom.  This week has been awesome.  We have been working really hard.  Guanajuato is cool.  We need to come here after the mission.  I'll give you the run down about it later. 

I love you mom 


Monday July 17, 2017

Hey mom, I miss you guys.  I like my area its pretty touristy.  It's weird to see white people.  It's a hard area to work in, but me and Elder Hernandez have been making a difference.  We have found some new people and that's almost never done in this area.  We should baptize and this branch hasn't seen a baptism in a long time and we are going to get it.  It will be awesome.  This is my first branch in the mission.  It's kind of weird but awesome and the members are really cool.  It feels really special.  We play basketball every Tuesday.  I have dunked on them multiple times.  It's hilarious, they freak out. They play pretty good for Mexicans. 

I have to go, love you mom.






Monday, July 24, 2017

Hey mom!  This is honestly the hardest area in the mission but it's super pretty haha.  The church is super pretty as well.  We are probably going to have a baptism.  Her name is Beyonce hahahha. I know haha.  She's 9 and we are reactivating her family, its awesome.

Gotta go, love you guys.


Monday, July 31, 2017

He didn't really have anything to report but I did get these pictures.  They had dinner at member's home and they had soup.  It is "normal" to put chicken feet in soup.  He said he ate them.  I asked him what they tasted like and he said "chicken."  haha






Monday, August 7, 2017

Hey mom, I'm doing good.  We are going to have a baptism this Saturday.  It's awesome!  I'm happy with what I have been doing and the kind of missionary I have been.  I really am focusing here hard in this area and improving in all aspects.  

The people that sent the picture to you, he was a missionary here 20 years ago.  They had a  mission reunion here.  They saw us and took a picture and stuff.  Actually he is in the same ward of my comp from the MTC, Elder Paul.  It was cool.


.

We had splits so I had to do everything because my comp for the day doesn't speak as much Spanish as I do and it was in my area.  We did service for some investigators and I got their confidence in me, it was awesome.  I realized that day that I have learned and am capable of a lot. 

(This week is his one year mark.  This was his response to me asking about it.) Yeah it's crazy.  Actually today was special.  I was told my release date is July 23!

Changes are next week and I'm staying here in Guanajuato. 

Love you mom


Monday, August 14, 2017

Hey mom, my week was good.   We baptized B so it was awesome.  We spent the week preparing for the baptism.  That's always a little stressful. That's weird the boys started school. 

B's family is awesome.  Her mom is funny, she makes tons of terrible jokes but has a really soft heart. All of her sisters are like 19 to 30 and they all are living with their boyfriends.  One of the boyfriends is super interested so we are teaching him and really just trying to help them out. 

I have to go.  Love you mom


Monday, August 22, 2017

Hey mom, it was super sad to say goodbye to Romero.  (Elder Romero was his second companion and they became very good friends.  Elder Romero is from Colombia.) This week was cool.  Monday we had a lesson with F and it was awesome.  He is the boyfriend of C.  She is the sister of B who we baptized. Monday I showed him a video.  Elder Beus came with us.  He is a good friend of President Williamson and is his Second Counselor.  He helps us a lot in Guanajauto.  F ended up crying in the video.

 On Friday we had another lesson with F and Elder Beus came with us again.  We taught an amazing lesson.  It was awesome! After the lesson F told us that he didn't have much interest in us and then we showed the video on Monday and he related to it a lot.  He told us that he felt what we were saying was true.  After the lesson Elder Beus told me something.  With tears in is eyes he said, "Elder Bush that was cool, did you see that?"  I said, "what?"  Elder Beus knew that on Monday I was looking for a video and I chose a specific one.  He said, "That video was just what F needed to keep listening to us.  Elder Bush the Lord is with you" and then we both cried for like five minutes.

We made a baptism date with A, he is 13.  He is the nephew of President Ochoa, the Branch President.  We are really good friends with him.  It's awesome, this area hasn't seen a baptism for a long time and we have had 1 baptism with a second one scheduled!

Changes were last week and I stayed in Guanajuato but I have a new companion.  Elder Montiel is from Mexicali.  He is a little bit on the shyer side so I do a lot, but it's cool we work hard together.


Monday, August 28, 2017

Hey Mom!

I can finally roll my "r"s really good.  I almost sound like a native Mexican.  I just need a little more practice and I got it, I'm excited! 

The week was awesome, but everyone cancelled on us so we have lots of lessons today.  We did a lot of contacting.  We taught lots of people on the spot in parks.  It was a weird week but cool.


Monday, September 4, 2017

Hey mom, this is your son.  There isn't much to report this week.  We didn't get to do much.  We had our conference with President in Irapuato.  I got my packages!!!  One from you and one from Rheanna. Tell her thank you so much!!!  She's awesome!  Thank you for the candy and the beef jerky.  Zoram loves beef jerky so I shared some with him haha.  I want to talk to you mom.  I miss you guys.

This was Labor Day and we were gone in the morning with the intention of being back when he was on, but he got on sooner than usual and we missed him.


Monday, September 11, 2017

Hey mom, what's poppin? haha

I had no idea that here was an earthquake.  It was in Oaxaca and Chiapas way down south. But ya we are all cool.

I forgot my phone number mom. haha  Learning a new language really throws everything out of your head.  I forgot how to do math haha.  Of course the Utes won!!! hahaha (Referring to the Utah/BYU game.)


Monday, September 18, 2017

We baptized A this week!




















No comments:

Post a Comment