Sunday, August 28, 2016

Week 2- The CCM (Missionary Training Center)


A very blurry picture of Mexico City.



The Mexico City Temple.


 Hi Mom, I'm good.  I loved the package, thank you so much.  I wouldn't mind more donuts though.  haha Please write me throughout the week, I get lonely sometimes.   (I used this delivery service www.missionarypackagemx.com and had a dozen Krispy Kreme Donuts and Gatorade delivered to him this week.  You can also email letters to them that they will deliver to the MTC for free.  They do daily deliveries.  For those that asked this is how to get him letters throughout the week while he is at the MTC and not just on p-day.)

So yes, I met Elder Rusch and Elder Carr.  They are cool dudes.  I have only talked to them once and I like them a lot.  I'd like to talk to them more but I just haven't seen them.  It was really crazy when Elder Rusch got called up during the devotional.  He was like uhhh ok. It was super cool.  (Elder Rusch's mom and I connected on FB.  Our boys are going to the same mission.  Both of our boys were supposed to leave for the Mexico MTC on the same day but Elder Rusch had flight problems and ended up leaving the following day.  We have been trying to get them to meet.  The speaker at the devotional Tuesday night was the area General Authority and his wife.  Elder Rusch's Uncle served a mission in Mexico 50 years ago.  One of the people he shared the gospel with was the wife of this General Authority.  When she spoke at the devotional she called Elder Rusch to the podium and shared her story when his Uncle had served his mission.  Elder Rusch was totally surprised.  When she finished her husband then told the other 600 missionaries that there are no coincidences, that for 50 years the Lord has known that today, August 23, a young man, Elder Rusch, would be in this devotional and He would meet who his Uncle had taught the gospel.  The General Authority went on to say that he was assigned to participate in the devotional on October 4, but for some reason there was a change and they asked him to come August 23.  If the change had not happened he would not have met Elder Rusch.  He ended but saying, "Coincidence?  No!  The Lord knows all things.")

Our Branch President said something cool the other day that I really related to.  In Spanish dios means God and coincidencia means coincidence.  He said sometimes there are diosdencias.  I was totally like, yes, that is why I am a District Leader.  It's not a coincidence it is a diosdencia.

Our daily schedule is we wake up at 6:30 and do personal study for an hour and then breakfast. We have classes for three hours and then lunch and an hour of gym time.  I play basketball with some competitive players so it's fun.  I've been working out every day.  It is really nice to get back into shape.  It feels good.  Then we have 4 more hours of classes and then dinner.  Then we language study until 9:30.  I'm getting good at Spanish.  I'm probably the best in my District.


The Latinos are crazy.  An Elder ate a lime with hot sauce on it and they went crazy.  They keep on asking me if I am related to President Bush.  It's funny.  I'm like how do you guys even know who that is? haha



I don't like my dorm room.  Something about it just bugs me. Just the vibe it gives off.  Maybe just because it's not very homey.

I love you so much mom.  The days are long but it's weird because it's like it's already Friday?  I love our two teachers dearly.  They are super super loving and try to help as much as they can.  They are like 25.  They are so funny, all of the Latinos are.

Please write me letters.  I will send you better pictures next week.  Love you guys so much.

Elder Bush


The first couple of days after Hayden left were extremely hard.  I don't know how else to explain it other than my heart HURT.  A hurt I have never felt before.  The thought of him being gone for 2 years seemed like eternity.  The thought of counting down to his return only made that eternity seem that much longer.  It just didn't feel right.  A couple of days later I saw another missionary Mom express similar feelings on social media.  She said that her husband suggested they focus on their son's example, and also loose themselves in service.  They took down the countdown to his mission and replaced it with this quote:


This had an enormous impact on me.  Hayden is scheduled to leave the Missionary Training Center on September 19 and will begin his work teaching the people of Mexico about our Savior Jesus Christ.  As I focus on his example and think of all the lives he will change, the love he has to give, and the impact he will have, 2  years is nothing.   I can hardly wait to hear the stories and experiences he will have to share.

I think I fixed the settings so you can leave a comment below.  If you would like to please leave a comment, Hayden will love it!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the letters. Love the missionaries. You will never know who you would meet and made an impact to their lives. I am forever grateful for those missionaries who taught me the gospel. We miss seeing you at church but you are always in our prayers. Love, the Thurston

    ReplyDelete