Sunday, September 4, 2016

Week 3 - The CCM



Hi Mom,

This week was ok, it went by fast.  My Spanish is getting a lot better.  We are getting good at teaching our investigators.  I had a pretty cool experience yesterday.  We had to create our own investigators and we had to play the role of them so I based mine off of (a friend from home).  I started to tear up after they taught me a lesson because I got to see how the gospel can bless his life (and everyone else in the world), not only eternally but also in this worldly life. It was really touching to me and I am now so very grateful for having the gospel in my life.  
I love my teachers, mom.  They are both about 21-25 and they are from here in the Ciudad de Mexico. They have become good friends of mine. Hermano Gonzalez teaches us in the morning and the other day he showed me pictures from his mission.  It really helped me because I was having a bit of a tough time and he showed me pictures of him and his investigator that he is now very good friends with.  It really helped me because it gave me hope and an example of what kind of a missionary to be.  It reminded me of my purpose of being out here too and how it's not one bit for me.  Hermano Vargas teaches us in the afternoon and he is one of the most loving people I have ever met.  I think he is so awesome.  I will get pictures of me with them and send them to you. I have started to really build up a love for the people of Mexico and I'm not even in the field yet.  
Yes, everyone has different p-days.  Doing laundry is nice.  It's pretty easy.  We just have washing machines here.  I usually iron my shirts but if I hang them up right away I don't really need to.  To make them look really sharp I do.  If I am in a hurry I don't.  You really can't tell the difference, this wrinkle free material really works.  (This totally cracked us up!!!)  

I've been getting in shape.  I have been dunking with two hands easily.  I've been feeling more athletic, it's cool. 

We went to immigration today to get our visa info and stuff.  It was interesting and crazy as usual haha.  Our district has 8 Elders and no Hermanas. haha  It's awesome though, we are all pretty close. We always challenge people to play ultimate frisbee and we never lose haha.  My new companion is Elder Paul he is a goof ball, he is awesome.  He is from South Jordan.  I'll send you pictures.  I now room with Elders Paul, Harmon, and Fillmore.  We get crazy sometimes. haha  We are all going to my mission.


Crap!  I forgot to get a picture with Elder Rusch.  I love Elder Rusch, he is awesome!  He really wants to be here.  I hope I get to be his companion in the field.

Wow mom, I just realized I have been out for a month.  I haven't been counting down.  I think you are right about that.  Two years is nothing! Trust me, I'm always with you guys even though I'm not physically with you because I bring you guys with me everywhere I go.  You guys are a huge strength to me.  Gosh, I'm crying and everyone is looking at me weird now.

(I asked Hayden if he needed anything and this was his response.)  I could use some more Nike socks and Shampoo.  haha  Maybe some little treats but I'm pretty good actually.  We have gym time every day and it would be nice if I could have more than 3 pair.  I left my shampoo in my last dorm.  When I went to look for it and asked about it they had no idea.  Costco maybe?  I don't know.  I love you Mom.  I have to go.  You'll figure it out.

They are supposed to take enough toiletries to get them through their stay at the MTC.  Once they get out to their actual missions they then, of course, do their own shopping.  Sending a package that he will actually get is unlikely.  His comment of "You'll figure it out."  means he knows me too well!!! haha There is a Sister in Mexico City who I was told about that will put together a package for you and will either deliver it to the MTC in Mexico City or ship it to their missions in Mexico.   That way it is not going through customs where it can sit forever, have things taken out of it, and can be heavily taxed.  This Sister spent yesterday shopping and taking pictures of the few things I told her he needed and sent them to me to choose from.  She even ordered brownies (his favorite) from a local bakery.  I love modern technology!!!

My favorite quote from this email: "It really helped me because it gave me hope and an example of what kind of a missionary to be.  It reminded me of my purpose of being out here too and how its not one bit for me."





1 comment:

  1. I love these Lorraine! I get so emotional reading them, and they make me so happy for Hayden and I think about how strong he is (and you are!). You're both such great examples. I love you!

    ReplyDelete