Monday, September 12, 2016

Week 4 - The CCM

 How are you doing, Mom?  Yes, I got your package, I thought it was awesome!¡!¡!¡!¡!  Thank you so much for all of the junk food, it's been nice. haha  Ya, that Sister is super cute.  She wrote me a message on there that roughly translates in English to "Your parents love you so much and wanted you to have a happy moment."  I feel so cool because everything is in Spanish and I can understand it haha.   The brownies were delicious!  Everyone loved me because I shared.  Thank you so much for the package, Mom, it was really amazing.


I love talking to Latino missionaries because I can understand them and speak back pretty good.  I love learning Spanish.  

Elder Rusch is awesome. I think he is doing pretty good.  Gosh!  The power shut off again!!  Luckily this draft saved.  Sorry its taking a long time.  We play frisbee a lot and our District is undefeated!!!!!!  This week is going to be sad because one of the Districts in our Zone is leaving after Sunday.  We are sad because we got pretty close with them and they have been here ever since we got here.  We always play frisbee with them.  They are a bunch of funny people too.  They are hilarious. They wore all black to one of our frisbee matches because they were going to "the funeral of our winning streak". lol  They are hilarious!

Elder Bush and Elder Rusch
Anything else specific you want me to answer?  Oh ya, by the way, my next p-day is on Wednesday because we have meetings Friday about leaving to the field and stuff.  I'm excited to be in the field, but I'm nervous because I don't feel like I'm ready so I just have to work super hard so that I can be. Things will be ok though.  I'm super excited to meet my Mission President and his family.  They look like they are super awesome.  I'm excited because all of the guys in our District and the other guys going to Queretaro are super close and so it's going be fun riding the bus there with them and everything.

We are only supposed to take pictures on p-day.  My teachers were bums and wouldn't take one but they will take one with us on our last Saturday here.  Here are some of the guys going to Queretaro. Elder Paul didn't want to look short so we tried to make him look taller, that is why he is standing in front of me.

 Me, Elder Paul, Elder Harmon, Elder Fillmore, Elder Carr and Elder Rusch

I love you like crazy, Mom.  Thanks for being a wonderful mother, without you I wouldn't be the person I am.

I love you so much, Mom.  Got to go.  Talk to you more on Wednesday.


The day after Hayden left I was at Walmart.  As I pushed my cart down the main aisle a couple of missionaries passed by me.  Instantly and unexpectedly I was hit with a wave of emotion.  I immediately turned down a side aisle so that I could regain my composure.  Until it was my own son I had not fully comprehended the sacrifice, service, dedication, and love that goes into being a missionary.  Some ask WHY would they do such a thing? 


 I will never be able to pass another missionary and not want to hug them, buy them a meal, or take a picture and send it to their mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment