Saturday, September 24, 2016

Mission Home Bound

On Monday Hayden left the Missionary Training Center in Mexico City and took a 3 hour bus ride (with 9 other missionaries) to the Mission Home in Queretaro where he met his Mission President and was assigned to the area where he will begin his work.  Monday afternoon I received this email.

Hey Mom, 

I made it.  It's awesome here.  I'll give you more info later today.  My area is 30 minutes away.  We will email later tonight.  Keep on checking your email. 

Love you mom. 

Elder Bush

As instructed, I kept on checking my email....about every 30 seconds until I went to bed and NOTHING!!!  As soon as I got up Tuesday morning I picked up where I left off the night before checking.  Mid morning we received this email from his Mission President's wife. 

Dear Brother and Sister Bush,

I am writing to tell you that your son, Elder Bush, has arrived safely to the mission field. We are so thrilled to have him serving in our mission. Elder Bush will be serving in the city of Celaya with Elder Rowley.  Celaya is a great place, has wonderful church leadership and also, one of the counselors in the mission presidency lives in Celaya. (Side note: he runs a Caramel sauce factory and it is the best thing you will ever taste!)
Elder Rowley has been having lots of wonderful things happen in the area and so Elder Bush will find missionary work to be busy and fulfilling.
We are so grateful for his enthusiasm, his worthiness and his willingness to serve. It was like a new clean refreshing breeze when we welcomed these wonderful missionaries yesterday. So great!
Because Elder Bush went on a bus to his area, I don't have a picture of him and his companion but will forward that along as soon as I see them.
Thanks you again for your wonderful son.

President and Sister Williamson





That face!!!  His great big beaming smile brought tears to my eyes.  

Tuesday night we still hadn't heard from Hayden and Joe thought I should email Sister Williamson back to make sure everything was ok.  Not hearing from him was a little out of character.  I emailed her back and Wednesday morning we received this email from her.

Sister Bush,

I thought we gave each missionary a chance to write before they left for their areas. However, some thought they might have time to do so when they arrived at the new area. Maybe this was the case and then he didn't have the opportunity. Nonetheless, you should hear from him on Monday. In the meantime, I just talked to his companion this morning and asked how Elder Bush was doing and I think his exact words were, "He is awesome! He is going to be a fantastic missionary and we are doing great together." I´m sorry you haven´t heard from him  because I told them all they needed to write and let their parents know they were here. (being a mom myself, I think this is a first priority . . . or at least should be). Anyway, don´t worry. He is doing well and is with a companion who played basketball for Lehi High so my husband said they would most likely beat any other companionship in a two on two game.:) We are truly so happy to have him here. I´ll give him a little ´what for´ so you will be sure to get an email on Monday:)

Sister Williamson

As soon as I read that his companion played basketball too I pretty much lost it.  What a tender mercy to have that connection with a great companion as he begins his service.  We can hardly wait for Monday!  

I have had many people ask about emailing Hayden.  Yes, please do!!!  He would love to hear from you.  His email address is in the header of the blog.  Also feel free to leave a comment for him, he reads the blog.  I think I fixed it so that comments will show up.  If you comment and it does not show please let me know.  Thank you for your love and support for Hayden!!!  


2 comments:

  1. He's going to be such a good missionary! Look out Celaya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That smile, he does look very happy! I love it

    ReplyDelete