Sunday, October 30, 2016

A little spoiled - staying in Celaya

Hi Mom!

Awesome!  Man, I thought they would have brought my package here because we had transfers. I'm staying with Elder Rowley!!! I'm super excited about it!

 So we brought the G family to our investigator J who has been in teaching for 5 years.  Hermana G talked about the challenges they had and about their sealing as a family.  Everyone was crying.  The next day we went over to visit them and J told us that she wants to get baptized.  They are getting married this week and then the next week she will be baptized. It was so awesome!  They are an awesome family he is a member but she isn't and they have a cute little girl too.   J's husband was shot in the leg and his leg is messed up.  Elder Rowley told them that if they follow the law of the gospel he will be able to walk even though the doctors told him he won't be able to.  He has walked into church the last two weeks.  Definitely a miracle!  F and J are doing awesome and progressing along very well.  They are super smart.  Every time we teach them it is super super awesome!  

Today is Rowley's Birthday so Friday we had a celebration for him at B's house with the family G. B brought some people for us to teach.  It was fun!  They are so funny.  The pictures are of the G family and B.  They are super awesome and take good care of us.  They make us eggs and let us use their washing machine.  We are going to go over there for noche de hogar (FHE) later tonight. 

The G family

Elder Rowley's Birthday
Ya, we have zone and district meetings every week.  Celaya is awesome.  I love all of the missionaries here. 

Our Zone Leaders had a baptism that we attended of a 12 year old boy .   He bore his testimony and it was so awesome.  It made me cry and I don't even know him.  He said that he knows that because of Jesus we get another chance and we get the opportunity to live with our families forever. 

There is this thing here called churriso and its basically pork and chicken mixed together.  It's the best thing on earth.  B brings us burritos at night every once in a while and they are soooo good. 

I love just kinda walking around mexico. haha  I like the way the music sounds here.  When I get home and can understand it, I'm excited to listen to it. 

No, not too sick.  I mean everyone gets diarrhea every once in a while. haha

I've got to go Mom. I love you.

Elder Bush


I am grateful to the G family and B for taking such good care of Hayden and Elder Rowley.  They are probably a little spoiled! :)  Hayden was told before he left that he would be washing his clothes in a bucket.  Having access to a washing machine I think is pretty lucky! He is set for another 6 weeks when transfers come up again.

I have become acquainted with a sister in Mexico who shared this short video clip with me right before Hayden left the MTC.  The clip is of President Eyring talking about how mission calls are given .  Even though I only know this sister through modern technology and have never met her in person, the gesture touched my heart more than she will ever know.  My favorite part is when President Eyring says, "You don't remember His face, but He remembers yours."  

Every picture Hayden has sent us his face is beaming and he has a great big smile.  I have caught myself many times as I have looked through the pictures saying, "That face!  Look at that smiling beaming face."  There is no doubt in our minds that Hayden is where is supposed to be.  We know there  are struggles and times of  homesickness, (not once has he complained) but that face is confirmation of our Father in Heaven placing him where Hayden is needed.  Every single week Hayden tells us how much he loves Mexico, how wonderful the people are and how much he loves seeing THEIR faces light up as they learn about the gospel.   






No comments:

Post a Comment