Friday, October 7, 2016

Working Hard and Chugging Along

Hi Mom,

The week was pretty good but not too much interesting.  We got two new investigators that are super smart and know a lot about the bible, but they also know about all the flaws of stuff so the gospel just filled in everything.  It was super cool!  The spirit of confirmation was there super strong.  It was really cool.   They actually ended up coming to conference.  We have been working hard but the results aren't showing.  That is the tough part of the mission I guess, but we just have to keep on chugging along. 

The plates they serve here are so freaking huge!!!!  I take a long time to eat it because I run out of room.  They ask me if I don't like it and I'm like this is so freaking huge!!!!!!! no tengo espacio!!! haha  The food is super good.  You eat everything with a tortilla so everything is a taco.  Burritos aren't really a thing here.  The food isn't really spicy but they put salsa on everything and that is super spicy. I haven't eaten anything too weird. 

Ya I watched conference.  Some sessions in English and some in Spanish.  I liked Elder Ballard and Elder Cook.  Their talks were cool.  I also liked Elder Renlund, he was the last talk and the newest Apostle.  It was super cool.  There were some other cool ones where you couldn't help but cry.  

I think we have like 4 progressing investigators.  The language is coming pretty good but I need to be more diligent. I have created a plan to follow. 

We live in an apartment.  There is a family in our ward that let's us use their washing machine.  (He is lucky.  There are other areas where they have to wash their clothes in a bucket.  I am sure Hayden will get his turn. Ha!)  Ya Mom, I'm 18, I take pretty good of myself haha, you don't have to worry.  I have been to the store like 30 times.  Everything is good.  Elder Rowley is pretty cool.  We play hoops and it is refreshing.

I have to go, Mom.  I love you so much.

Elder Bush


We received an email from Hayden's Mission President's wife this week.  What a sweet surprise to receive this picture of Hayden and his companion, Elder Rowley.  President and Sister Williamson made a visit to Celaya.  She said they are doing well and working hard together.  



Each week I am so grateful for modern technology as we are able to email chat with Hayden for about an hour every Monday on his p-day.  We are all usually at our various obligations (work, school) but we each still get the personal communication with him.  Gone are the days of waiting weeks to receive a letter in the mail.  We are so blessed!

Thank you for your love and support for Hayden.  He welcomes letters, his email address is at the top of the blog.  You can also leave a comment. You are all so loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment