Sunday, October 16, 2016

Planting Lots of Seeds

Hey Mom,

My week was pretty good.  I'm doing pretty good.  I'm really frustrated though.  I just wish I was fluent in Spanish already but it will come. haha  I can pretty much understand everything that's going on, I just have a hard time communicating back.  This week went by pretty fast.  We have been walking so far away every day because that is where our investigators live.  Its been hard and tiring. It's frustrating because we are working hard but haven't had a lot of results.  We have been planting lots of seeds.  We have been working and visiting a lot of menos activos.

Ya, we had interviews with President, it was really cool.  President and Hermana Williamson are the best.  Transfers are every six weeks.  There are a couple things that could happen.  Either me and Elder Rowley will stay in this area together for another transfer or we will get split up.  We will just see. There are about 130ish missionaries in my mission. 

I have been missing you guys, but that just means I love you.  Can you send me The Teachings From the Presidents of the Church?  Do you know that series?  I want the Joseph Smith one.  It takes like 3 weeks to get here.  Just send it with a bunch of candy and some other gifts.  hahaha  Is that too demanding?  It's ok if it takes a long time to get here, I would rather wait for it.  I just want a package from you guys. haha 

Ya we know the members pretty well.  They are nice people.  We have two investigators that are really loving what we are teaching them and we have another that is basically just saving up money so they can get married and then be baptized.  We pray every day that they come to church haha.  We aren't really supposed to knock doors here.  

I'm stoked for Cannon.  I am so happy for H and T.  That's awesome.  As a missionary that means so much more to me.  My goal isn't to baptize people, it's to give people the blessing of being sealed to their family like I have been blessed to have had.  The family is what brings us happiness.  It is how we return to our Father in Heaven, it is everything in the Gospel.  Send them my love they are awesome people . 

All of the people freak out when I show them pictures of our family.  They say, "oh your mom is so bonita," and they call Austen and Dad guapo.  They just think Dillon is the cutest thing ever.  Probably because he is blonde and has a radiant smile haha. 

Time to go, Mom.  I love you.

Elder Bush

My favorite quote from his email: 

"My goal isn't to baptize people.  It's to give people the blessing of being sealed to their family like I have been blessed to have had.  The family is what brings us happiness.  It is how we return to our Father in Heaven, it is everything in the Gospel." 






2 comments:

  1. Some missionaries plant the seeds, some till the ground, and some reap the fruit. Planting seeds sounds like success to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok obviously this made me cry! We love Hayden, and I love reading his letters to you! This one is especially special ❤️. I also love that he gets told that you are "so Bonita". It's true! I love that he shows off his sweet family. I love you guys.

    ReplyDelete