Sunday, December 4, 2016

On the Mend

Hey mom and dad.

This week has actually been really cool. You won't believe what has been happening with me haha. So Wednesday I came up here (Queretaro) by myself on a bus. I talked to a guy the whole way up here.  After, he helped me with my bags because crutches makes everything really hard.  Then Sister Williamson came and picked me up. She took me to the hospital and I started my physical therapy.  It's torture.  Then she took me to the secretaries house.  They are super cool.  Elder Frederickson and Romero are my comps I guess you could say.  I like going to the hospital because I go by myself so I'm the one that has to talk with everyone.  It's fun to be able to use my Spanish. It definitely has gotten better just being here because all we do is talk in Spanish because of Elder Romero. Then I went and ate at the President's house with Pres and Hermana Williamson and two other sister missionaries because one of them was having surgery.  It was super cool and fun.

Thursday was really special.  After my therapy and everything there wasn't really anything for me to do so I was just with Hermana Williamson and President.  They took me to a Thanksgiving dinner that they got invited too. It was so awesome and weird and funny.  It was an American family with a bunch of kids.  I felt so out of place haha.  I walk in and they made me go a different way than President and Hermana Williamson because I wouldn't fit with my crutches.  This part is funny.  As I went to the other side there were a bunch of like teenage American girls there and they started talking to me.  I felt super uncomfortable haha.  I was like I need to go into the same room as President. Their mom came in and was like oh sit down and stuff.  I asked her, "can I do that?"  Everyone was laughing at me when I said that.  I just looked at President and he gave me this look like "It's whatever dude go ahead and stay there."  I was like, uhh ok.  Luckily they had one of the girls husbands come in and talk to me.  Then we had a real Thanksgiving dinner.  Every other American missionary is jealous haha.  It was cool.  A Mexican family was there and he told me something really cool.  He told me that everything has a purpose, there is a reason why  I am here with all of these people.  

Friday and Saturday I've just been with Elder Freddy and Romero.  Saturday and Sunday I didn't have therapy.  It's getting a lot better.  I can walk with crutches.  I have gained back a lot of the mobility but can't put a lot of pressure on it still.  Sunday I saw the family I ate Thanksgiving with at church.  It was cool.  And well now here we are.

Helping the Hermanas decorate the office Christmas tree.

 Friday afternoon we received this email update from Sister Williamson.

Brother & Sister Bush,

I wanted to let you know that Elder Bush is doing really well with his therapy. I was so happy when he walked out of his treatment last night with only one crutch. (We bought ice cream so he could celebrate with the secretaries.)
😉
Our hope is that tonight he will walk out with no crutch at all. The doctor recommended 10 treatment sessions. That will be Monday and Tuesday. If he needs all ten treatments, he will wait and return to his area either Tuesday night or Wednesday morning with his new companion as changes will happen Monday.
In the meantime, he has been doing well and simply by speaking with the secretaries and having to rely on himself to understand what the therapist is saying, he feels like his Spanish has improved by leaps and bounds over the last two weeks. He is a happy young man and we have enjoyed having the time to get to know him better as I've been his chauffeur to and from therapy. He has a good outlook on things and has been able to do missionary work with the secretaries while being here in Queretaro.
Thank you for your prayers on his behalf and thanks for raising him to be an obedient and faithful missionary. We are grateful to have him here.

Sister Williamson

This seemed appropriate given Hayden's circumstances the last few weeks.  Still that smile, still no complaints, and still recognizes the opportunities he has had in spite of it all.  I am thankful that Heavenly Father sent him to me.  I am thankful for the example he has been to us and all that we have learned from him in the few months he has been gone.  I am thankful for his desire, hard work, dedication, and perseverance to serve his Father in Heaven. I am thankful for the love and support for Hayden from so many.  We love you!   



1 comment:

  1. This is such great news. I'm so glad he's on the mend, and still able to have such a good experience. His positivity is radient!

    ReplyDelete